I am so enthused to write tonight’s blog. It was such a thrilling Wednesday. So many good things happened. And now I’m getting my hair colored, which is a very girl thing for me to say but I LOVE getting my hair colored. I’ll update with my celebrations tonight. I celebrated all three holidays quite well, if I do say so myself.
UPDATE: Today was a three holiday kind of day. I celebrated each one. Trail Mix Day. Eat Outside Day. Love Lawyers Day. And I had a smashingly great day to boot, so good of a day I made a list. And here it is…
1. You know those days when you wake up feeling strangely skinny? I had one of those mornings. It was a good start to the day.
2. I went to get my hair colored today. She did a great job. It’s not exactly as blonde as I wanted it to be, but it’s pretty.
3. Chelsie had a magical perfect interview this morning. Let’s hope that she gets that sweet job!!
4. I wore a fancy outfit to work today. My favorite black shirt and a cute skirt I got at Forever 21 and a red belt and pretty shoes.
5. There are three great holidays for the day.
6. Sean was the sweetest today.
7. I got to talk to my two friends that have been my friends since the 9th grade, Will and Andy. They made me laugh. I miss them.
8. I figured out interesting things on my Excel spreadsheet at work today.
9. Sean called me as I was walking to lunch. I met him at Xoco, a Rick Bayless restaurant (and you know how I feel about Mr. Bayless).
10. I met a guy that loves his job and his iPad.
11. I listened to John Mayer on Spotify today.
12. I had a Diet Coke.
As you can see, I had a happy little day. And I haven’t even gotten to the celebrations! Ok, for the celebrations.
We have a snack table at work. It has lots of treats. It has trail mix! I had some as my after lunch snack. It was delicious, but it had cashews and I loathe cashews. They are one of my least favorite nuts. But it was a celebration nonetheless.
Eat Outside Day and Love Lawyers Day went hand in hand. I got to eat at one of my most favorite places with one of my most favorite people, who happens to be in law school. We ate outside and it was delicious. We split a salad and a sandwich and I couldn’t have been happier.
And actually I ate outside twice today. I had brought my lunch to work, but didn’t eat it. Instead I ate with a cute boy. So before my hair appointment I sat at a table outside of Starbucks on State Street and did some serious people watching while I ate my chicken salad for dinner instead of lunch. It was delightful.
It was one of the greatest Wednesdays. I was so enthused about my completed celebrations.
Chicago is making me so so happy these days.